|Missing children, typical used car sale|
The most toxic product Americans own in their lifetime is the automobile.
Filled with toxics, flammables, carcinogens, ewaste, inhalants and pollutants, and capable of violent safety violations, the cars have an agency, the Department of Motor Vehicles, to ensure proper stewardship, from cradle to grave.
Unfortunately, our government has let us down!
|Stop the feeding of used antifreeze to poor kids|
Sadly, wealthy neighborhoods have a dirty little secret. The used car dealerships and junk car lots are never found on Fifth Avenue. Old, used cars are passed along to poor people, with all their toxics along for the ride. Whenever you buy replace your old car, you are complicit in exploitation and environmental crime.
Watchdog groups indicate that eighty percent of used car sales go to people with less money than the people who bought new cars. All the problems and headaches of the old car inevitably flow to people with less means to deal with the toxic tons of deadly waste.
A major study, released in Washington, identifies a list of pollutants scientifically linked to Automobile Waste. Some of these ingredients, such as glycol, gasoline, onboard computers, and motor oil, may be dumped into streams by poor do-it-yourselfers, moving these wastes from rich to poor.
|Autos: A Witch's Brew of E-waste|
|3.78L||Antifreeze with propylene glycol|
|1892 ml||Pennzoil motor oil|
|3.78L||Unleaded regular gasoline|
|3||50 ml graduated cylinders|
|1||paper towel roll|
|NA||Bush bean seeds|
|16(have extra)||Ziplock bags that are 945 ml|
The study links bush bean seeds - a relative of soy milk and infant formula - to known A-Waste pollutants. Your used antifreeze may be estimated to be put into infant formula, creating a liability for you and your family. Toxins found in rivers come from used cars. Pollutants from cars are scientifically proven to be bad. Used car sales must be stopped!
HR 2284 brings hope for this environmental crisis and social injustice. The Coalition for Responsible Automotive Recycling has the solution. It is a victory for Americans who don't want the hassle of selling their used car at dealerships or through Craigslist. Finally, you can be certain that when you buy a new car, that your old one will not be sold, worked on, or used again by someone needy. The rich have college degrees and more education, and the knowledge to do preventative maintenance and repair, skills which cannot realistically be entrusted to America's underclass.
According to self-proclaimed environmentalist watchdogs, when rich USA counties are stopped from transfering A-Waste to poor USA counties, several benefits ensue:
- This will stop the exploitation of mechanics and student drivers in America's poorest cities.
- Only fully functional, tested working cars will be sold to repair shops, closing a tragic loophole which allows obsolete, junk cars to move from rich to poor, under a "reuse excuse". Only direct sales between wealthy and poor of fully tested equipment will be allowed
- Massive shredders and high tech hammermill owners will valiantly stop used car parts from enterning the marketplace. "Used is waste, waste is bad, recycling is the answer."
- Under the new law, these powerful, noisy, high tech shredding systems will be placed in ritzy neighborhoods. Less affluent Americans can leave their jobs at repair and recycling shops, freed from the yoke of exploitation.
- New automobile makers applaud the HR 2284 bill. Finally, the working poor can leapfrog the used car market, landing safely in a modern sedan.
- Eliminating the billions of dollars in car repair and resale traffic will create jobs running cars through shredding machines. Jobs will be created right in the communities that buy new cars.
|You can stop this!|
Poor people repair their cars, and it just isn't right. Let the poor buy and repair cars from their own poor neighborhoods. Keep them, and their dirty images, out of the faces of wealthy Americans. Support HR2284.
NEXT WEEK: STOP BIKES-NOT-BOMBS. EXPORTING USED BIKES CREATES POVERTY LIKE THIS. YOUR USED BIKE MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE POOR CHILDREN.
"What we have here is a failure to regulate," said Strother Martin, captain of road prison 36.