Voila! Fuji Xerox supports government management of "e-waste"

In a very recent post, I had the premonition to repost links to the Fuji vs. Jazz Camera lawsuit which went all the way to the USA Supreme Court, claiming that repair and refurbishment for resale is a violation of a patent. The "Obsolescence in Hindsight" lawsuit failed in the USA but did win in Japan.

Today we see where enthusiasm comes, as predicted, for national product stewardship legislation. Fuji came out applauding for a new Australian e-waste law. Australia is the inventor of the "tested working" standard which banned resale of products for refurbishment.

Product Stewardship advocates, if you want strong backers for your "solution to the e-waste problem", get the list of the AGMA (formerly Anti Gray Market Alliance, now called (SIC) "The Alliance for Gray Market and Counterfeit Abatement (AGMA)". But as you find that those most opposed to refurbishment, repair and reuse are also your strongest allies, take a look at this old chestnut from Monty Python, the Dennis Moore sketch.

"Blimey! This redistribution of wealth is trickier than I thought!"

1 comment:

Xerox 8400 ink said...

Wow! Thank you! Honestly, I love the internet for having writers like yourself that sit down and take time to educate, and mentor us into preparing us through the right way to succeed in life. Whether you think that this helps or not, I just want you to know that it most definitely makes a huge impact and a difference for someone like myself. I'm taking my time to write this because I don't want you to go feeling un-noticed! You have most definitely been recognized and you should know that this has surely helped me along my way! Thank you once again, really..
Have a great day!